Dear Friends of Special Olympics;
Please call your Congressman today and tell them:
I want my representative to vote NO on the House Continuing Appropriations Resolution(CR) for FY2011 that would cut funding to critically important programs, including Special Olympics.
Please be aware that the House of Representatives will be in Session until 7 or 8 p.m. (DC time) tonight and will start tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.
When you call the House Member’s office, they may ask you if they can put you through to their “comment line”. Please say yes, and leave your message.
Some offices may have this option even after staff leave for the day, so it is worth calling before or after what are considered are considered “normal” business hours.
You can call your Representatives directly or be connected through the House Operator (202-225-3121). Once connected, identify yourself as a constituent and ask to speak to the Legislative Assistant in change of national service and education issues.
FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE:
* Capuano, Michael E.<http://www.house.gov/capuano/>, Massachusetts, 8th
* Frank, Barney<http://www.house.gov/frank/>, Massachusetts, 4th
* Keating, William<http://keating.house.gov/>, Massachusetts, 10th
* Lynch, Stephen F.<http://lynch.house.gov/>, Massachusetts, 9th
* McGovern, James<http://www.house.gov/mcgovern/>, Massachusetts, 3rd
* Markey, Ed<http://www.house.gov/markey/>, Massachusetts, 7th
* Neal, Richard E.<http://www.house.gov/neal/>, Massachusetts, 2nd
* Olver, John<http://www.house.gov/olver/>, Massachusetts, 1st
* Tierney, John<http://tierney.house.gov/>, Massachusetts, 6th
* Tsongas, Niki<http://tsongas.house.gov/>, Massachusetts, 5th