Please join us for #SummerofSOMA! Throughout July and August, there will be many Special Olympics Massachusetts (SOMA) events and initiatives. While these events will all be different (and sometimes kinda crazy) in nature, there will be a common theme: respect, opportunity, and inclusion for people with disabilities, all thanks to SOMA’s great athletes, volunteers, donors and other partners. Here are a few events we’ll be sharing with you:
- SOMA will host bocce, cycling, fishing, golf, and softball events throughout the state.
- The New England Revolution will host “Bowl For a Goal” as well as a Unified soccer match on the filed at Gillette Stadium prior to their game vs. NYC FC.
- “Over the Edge” a fundraising event where brave fans of SOMA rappel off the roof of the 23rd story at the Boston’s Hyatt Regency.
- 6 athletes will be flying to Los Angeles to compete in the 2015 Special Olympics World Games!
- Our friends at McGladrey will be displaying our “More Than Just a Game” photo project in their office lobby in Charlestown.
- SOMA athlete Tyler Lagasse will travel to Virginia to compete in the PGA Tour’s Congressional Pro-Am Tournament.
- Much much more!
Please join us throughout the summer and share your experiences on social media! Like/follow us on facebook, twitter and instagram . Share your pictures, videos and thoughts by tagging #SummerofSOMA! A new feature we will be kicking off this summer is “SOMA Stars”. Special Olympics athletes and volunteers will be featured on our Instagram feed along with stories, quotes and memories. Here is an example. Please share yours!
More information will be available over the coming weeks. Check out our facebook, twitter and Instagram feeds often to stay in the loop!